Ramesh Srinivasan is an Associate Professor at the Graduate School of Education and Information Studies and Design/Media Arts at UCLA. He studies the relationship between media, specifically new technologies, and social, political and cultural realities across the world.
In his first return to the TYT studio, Professor Srinivasan and The Young Turks' in-house Bolivia-phile Dave Koller cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Whether the world needs more or fewer books by Malcolm Gladwell
- Why a social media expert like Srinivasan shuns Twitter
- How Bolivian president Evo Morales is pushing technological change to empower indigenous communities in Bolivia
- Why people in the West feel a false sense of confidence in social media to foment revolution against authoritarian regimes
- Why a member of a young hacker community in Bolivia greeted Srinivasan in a giant Linux penguin costume
- What the people who live in and around landfills in the developing world can teach the West about repurposing old technology
Find out Srinivasan's thoughts on the above topics and much more in this installment of TYT Interviews.
For more interviews, subscribe, HERE: https://www.youtube.com/user/TYTInter...
Direct download: TYT_Interviews__Ramesh_Srinivasan.mp3
-- posted at: 12:00pm EDT